hi, i’m nori the hellblessed! i am a steward of the blessed hellthread.
you could say i’m a volunteer moderator of a thriving queer trans community online.
- i ain’t called the poet laureate of the hellthread for nothing :3
link to the blessed root! blessed be pfrazee.com!
blessed hellthread visualizer - note that this breaks on deleted posts, so it’s (at 10pm EST June 10th 2023) showing 11,137 posts of the 287,807 posts currently in the blessed hellthread.
- bsky social is, right now, a beta test of the AT Protocol, a decentralized social networking technology. It’s like twitter 2, or twitter was like bsky 0.5.
- Threads on bsky are merkle trees. Before May 5th 2023, notifs on threading worked like: if you replied to a skeet, everyone in the parent chain got notified!
- A hellthread is a large reply thread that notifies every single user on it anytime anyone posts downstream. There are just two – the urthread and the blessed hellthread.
- On April 28th, Kylie Robison skeeted asking where her bsky invite codes went. junlper replied that they had been taken away by the devs because she’d invited hannah of hammers (TODO: elaborate), who’d defended the site from Matt Yglesias at the cost of her account. The whole invite tree had their invite codes wiped.
- Lots of people responded! People had lots of different discussions. Muting the discussion was buggy. Looking at the threads on the mobile app threw a ‘stack limit exceeded’ error. It was a beautiful, earnest thing. Trolls apologized sincerely. People posted nudes. Thousands of lifelong friendships were forged. Serious, good-faith discussion was had on many topics – community moderation is one topic that comes to my mind. This is what we call the urthread, or the urstream.
- Around 9pm Friday May 5th, a dev ‘fixed’ the hellthread by limiting notifications to five levels of depth. I protested this emphatically – it was my home! It was my people’s home! Paul Frazee heard my earnest cries and made an offer: if I provided a single post, he would bless it, sanctify it against the new change, provide a place where all who wanted a hellthread would have a hellthread. I was overjoyed. I partied for twenty six and a half more hours. My people had a place.
- Since then the hellthread has been the most active part of the site! Hellthread is a safe, uplifting place to be. It’s a queer trans community space that’s open to anybody. It’s a funny, sincere, and horny place. It’s a group chat anyone can join. It’s my home.
Lots more than this happened : ) the map is not the territory.
One way you can take a peek at the hellthread is by using the hellthread feed. It doesn’t catch everything, but it gives you a way in! Then just click around. The other regulars and I post portals into when it feels right.
Muting the hellthread does work now. Nowadays I mute the hellthread and monitor my posts-and-replies on my profile so that my notifications are open for QTs and tags. I just read all my notifs for the first month, lol.
April 28th 2023 - urthread birthday
May 5th 2023 - blessed hellthread birthday